ALL THINGS FEET RELATED FOR LADIES

Tuesday 7 June 2011

UPDATE - THE YogaToes® EXPERIMENT, DAY 36



After 36 days of using YogaToes all I can say is that they have served me well as toe separators for applying nail polish – but for this purpose I would have opted for something much less costly. 

The majority of the product claims I believe are exaggerated and misleading, offering false hope when it comes to correcting or realigning foot structure, straightening hammertoes or crossed toes, improving corns, treating bunions, improving posture, etc. For example: YogaToes are too flimsy and much too shallow to assist in straightening hammertoes, because your toes curl over the edge and there is no counter pressure to assist in any stretching, uncurling or straightening. If your goal is to straighten the big toe and take pressure of the bunion, you are better off trying a proper bunion splint because it is designed specifically for this purpose, also will also cost you much less. As for improving agility, balance and posture – to achieve these goals you actually have to do the appropriate physical exercises for your whole body, including your feet. To assist in stretching and strengthening your feet, you can use foot rollers, tennis balls and other gadgets that don’t cost much. As for corns, I don’t see how on earth YogaToes can improve corns – that claim makes me laugh.

My conclusion - YogaToes can provide some relief with a great counter stretch for toes that have been squished together in narrow or pointy ill-fitting shoes, and of course are useful in the application of nailpolish. Just out of curiosity, I will ask my Podiatrist what he thinks of YogaToes when I see him next, and will post a professional opinion - just in case I'm missing something and there happens to be some other obscure yet substantial benefit in using YogaToes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment